Bookmark this page as it will be updated as more information is available to us
Sitecore is the University, Faculty, and department platform. Our ALES research websites will not be impacted.
Recently, as part of the University’s plan to migrate out of the existing Sitecore web content management system into the new Cascade system, University Relations – Digital and IST have migrated your People Pages (formerly Professor Pages) to the new IST Directory service.
IST has built a system whereby you can update your own pages without having to submit a web update request etc. Here’re the relevant links:
- On May 6, the U of A will be launching a revised version of the Find a Person directory that will now contain the Professor Page functionality that was available in Sitecore.
- People Pages (formerly Professor Pages) << Use this to edit your Page
Since this is a new system, some documentation isn’t complete yet, and as we’ve found, some previously-used features were not included. If you have questions or concerns, or something isn’t working as expected, feel free to contact us and we’ll look into it.
You can edit your own listing in the University of Alberta Directory – Professor Pages and People PagesRecently, as part of the University’s plan to migrate out of the existing Sitecore web content management system into the new Cascade system, University Relations – Digital and IST have migrated your People Pages (formerly Professor Pages) to the new Read More ...Read More »
- University Relations – Digital have released their update and documentation on the upcoming migration of Professor Pages away from Sitecore and into the IST Directory. These resources include: Support articles and how-to videos for updating information on your Professor/People page Read More ...Read More »
- Over the next week and a bit, University Relations – Digital and IST will transition the existing Professor Pages to IST Directory. Sunday, April 26th will be the last day for Edits within the Sitecore Professor Page Editor. After that Read More ...Read More »
- The Cascade Project will continue to move forward under the current conditions: https://www.ualberta.ca/cascade-cms/news/2020/migrations-continue.htmlRead More »
- Update Mar. 13, 2020 [from University Relations – Digital]: Good Day All, This is a notification that the Professor Page Update Session, scheduled for March 18th from 10:00 a.m. to 11:20 a.m., will be postponed to a later date and Read More ...Read More »
- ALES is scheduled to move to Cascade in June 2020. We will be migrating and rebuilding 1760 pages so your patience is appreciated during this transition. The digital team will begin the process and keep this blog up to date Read More ...Read More »
- Know your audience and their needs Use knowledge of your readers to help design your document and try reading it in that light. Most people come to your website for: to find content important to them; to take actions and Read More ...Read More »
- Cascade CMS at the University of Alberta Phase 1 Institutional Migration Phase 1 of the institutional migration is underway. This involves migration of the top-level U of A pages from Sitecore to Cascade, including the U of A home page Read More ...Read More »
- Some members of the University wide digital group (including one member from ALES) have gone through training. We are coordinating with central to determine when we will be migrating our websites. You may receive an email from the central digital Read More ...Read More »
- An update on pending training for senior website administrators, and a renewed focus on the 'mobile first' design philosophy that's part of the migration.Read More »
- The ALES digital team attended the info session this morning and is pleased with the progress the central team has done to date. We are optimistic about the plans we’ve seen to date and we are moving forward as anticipated. Read More ...Read More »
- I wanted to share an update on the University Relations digital team’s progress on migrating from Sitecore to Cascade. For the last three months we’ve been working on two major pieces of the project: Rebuilding the framework. This activity involves Read More ...Read More »
- The Digital Team in University Relations would like to announce a significant change to our site search. On Monday afternoon, we’ll be conducting a beta release of a new search product called Coveo. After the update, when you search U Read More ...Read More »
- The following email describing current status and next steps for the Sitecore-to-Cascade migration of the ALES website. Hello everyone, I wanted to share an update on the University Relations digital team’s progress on migrating from Sitecore to Cascade. For the Read More ...Read More »
- *Updated* Next Steps Training UR staff technical training (completed early April 2019) UR Migration training (completed May 1, 2019) Infrastructure Set-up Installation and configuration of CMS on the university’s cloud servers (completed May 2019) Institutional framework (HTML/CSS) updated for Cascade Read More ...Read More »