Vendors / Platform
University Relations – Digital (URD) recently announced the vendors remaining in the competition to replace Sitecore. Of note, Sitecore was not among those remaining. They are:
- Terminal Four
- Hannon Hill (Cascade)
URD also revealed the project timeline, which we’ve listed below:
April 2018 to August 2018: Internal review of web CMS conducted
September 2018 to March 2019: Request for Proposals issued and evaluated
- Oct. 1, 2018 – Request for Proposal issued
- Oct. 26, 2018 – RFP closing date
- Oct. 29, 2018 – Evaluation of proposals
- Dec. 7, 2018 – Short list of venders selected
- Jan, 1, 2019 – Evaluation of short list
- Jan 16, 2019 – Terminal Four demo
- Jan 23, 2019 – Hannon Hill (Cascade) demo
- Mar. 11, 2019 – CMS vendor selection and contract negotiations
- March 2019 to December 2020: Migration to new CMS
ALES Webteam activities
Once the vendors were announced, the ALES webteam began a review of clients using the contending platforms.
ALES webteam continues an overall Sitecore content review to identify needs and issues prior to URD content migration.
As well, the ALES webteam began a review of training and documentation for both contending platforms.
URD reached out to campus website administrators asking for ideas and content to be presented at the contending product demonstration sessions — ALES webteam responded with an extensive list of requirements.
The ALES webteam will be at both of the product demonstrations to evaluate the performance of both platforms.
URD Update website
URD also announced a web page where they’ll be posting additional information about the Sitecore migration process. It’s a secure web page so a CCID login is required.