Before you can use these services (password change or account unlock), you must have PREVIOUSLY REGISTERED with Microsoft Self- Service Portal (see below).
If you haven’t registered with the Self-Service Portal and require these services, please contact your appropriate ALES IT staff member.
Register with the Microsoft Self-Service Portal
- Visit https://aka.ms/ssprsetup
- Follow the steps to register your ALES ACCOUNT with the Self-Service Portal.
Use your ALES ACCOUNT where appropriate (First.Last@ales.ualberta.ca). You will need to provide a mobile device phone number to receive verification text messages or an email address to receive verification messages (ALES-IT recommends you use an alternate personal / private email address for verification).
Reset your ALES Account Password or Unlock your ALES Account
- Visit https://aka.ms/sspr
- Enter the USER ID you have previously registered as well as the letters and/or numbers into the appropriate fields. Then click Next.
- Select the appropriate button
- I forgot my password – you’ll be lead through a password reset sequence
- I know my password, but still can’t sign in – the service will unlock your account so you can sign in again. You’ll retain your existing password.
- Verification — Select which method you’d like to receive a verification code (Email, Text or Phone Call). The service will use that method to send you a code which you’ll enter on the next screen.
Once verified, the service will perform the appropriate action, either continue through the password reset or unlock your account.
If neither of these options allow you to access your account, please contact your appropriate ALES IT staff member.